February Internet Auction for Sport Horses & Ponies
Bidding Opens Tuesday, February 19
Bidding Closes Tuesday, February 26
What it Costs
- Regular Entry Fee $159
- Plus 8% Commission if Sold.
- Commission is not charged if your entry is NOT sold
- Call 866.652.7789 for Quantity Discounts after 9/6/2018
Enter Early and SAVE
- Early Bird Entry Fee $99 (offer ends 9/6/2018)
- USE DISCOUNT CODE - earlybird - all lower case, no spaces no quantity discounts for early bird entries
What about the MONEY
We are licensed and bonded with the US Department of Agriculture. Seller's proceeds are held in a special, regulated account that insures each seller's funds.
When do you get paid?
We mail checks to the CURRENT OWNER as provided on the entry form “NOT EARLIER THAN TEN (10) BUSINESS DAYS NOR LATER THAN FIFTEEN (15) BUSINESS DAYS FROM THE DATE THE AUCTION ENDS”
Important Information on the REPRESENTATION OF YOUR ENTRY
- Height - Please measure your horse before listing the height. If you are advertising your horse at 17 hands or your pony at 14.2 it needs to be correct. This is one of the most common reasons buyers have for returning a horse or pony. If you have listed the height as 17 hands and the horse is 16.2, it is considered misrepresentation, and is grounds for rejecting the horse.
- UP TO SIX (6) PICTURES CAN BE SHOWN - A recent picture of the horse is REQUIRED. A buyer wants to know what the horse that gets off the trailer at their house will look like. We can market your horse using a professional picture that is not recent, but at least one picture taken within 30 days is required.
- Think carefully when considering the disposition and handling ratings for your horse. A rating of “1” is considered the BEST; and a rating of “10” is the WORST. If a horse has never been stalled, clipped, trailered or turned out with other horses, do not provide ratings for those items. If you choose to rate a horse at “1” for any item, you are stating that the horse can be handled in that situation by a complete beginner, with no fear of danger to the handler or to the horse.
- Disclose all Defects and Blemishes. These include any physical or medical condition of the horse, from scars to warts to a spot in an eye, and everything in between.
- Answer this question thoughtfully - if you have owned the horse for any length of time there may be issues that you consider normal, but in reality should be disclosed.
- VIDEOS are extremely important for a riding horse. It is very unlikely to get an acceptable price for a riding horse that if offered without a video, or with video clips that are only a few seconds long and do not show the horse traveling at all 3 gaits in both directions. If the horse is a hunter/jumper/dressage horse, and has show experience, videos in a show situation are best.
ONCE YOUR ENTRY IS SOLD
BUYER PAYMENT AND RELEASE OF HORSE
- After the auction has closed, invoices are emailed to all buyers.
- Payment is required within 3 business days and is paid directly to the auction company. We take all major credit cards or funds may be wired.
- Buyer Confirmation emails are sent to the buyer and the seller when the auction company has received sale proceeds.
- Once you, the seller, have received the buyer confirmation the horse can be released to the new owner
- Some buyers will require a health certificate in order to transport their horse, which is their financial responsibility. Any assistance you provide is appreciated
REQUIRED PAPERWORK AND PAYMENT TO SELLER:
- If you have not already done so, please send registration papers, signed transfers and a copy of the coggins to the auction company.
- A breeders, or stallion certificate, and a pregnancy exam dated within 30 days of auction closing date are required for pregnant mares.
- All sale proceeds are held until the paperwork is in order.
- Registration papers, transfers and/or passports are mailed to new owners not sooner than 21 business days after the auction closes unless otherwise requested.
- Conditions of Sale state that proceeds will be mailed to sellers no later than 15 business days after the close of the auction. We normally mail checks 10 banking days after the close of auction by first class mail.
IF YOUR ENTRY DOES NOT SELL
- All customers are offered a second chance to sell in another SportHorseAuctions.com Internet Auction at the discounted rate of $99 if their horse does not sell.
- It is possible that more or different pictures, or the addition of a video will improve your chance of finalizing a sale. Please contact Tim or Cathy to discuss what changes can be made to increase your chance of selling your horse.
Please contact us if you have any other questions about the internet auction procedure.
(866) 652-7789 firstname.lastname@example.org