By requesting a bidder's number for any given auction, you are bound by the terms and conditions of the auction, whether you have read them or not.
Terms may vary for the different auctions produced by Professional Horse Services, LLC or SportHorseAuctions.com LLC
By requesting a bidder's number for any given auction, you are assumed to have read and accepted the terms for that auction.
Welcome to 70th Annual Raymond Sutton Production Sale produced by Professional Horse Services, LLC.
- By requesting a bidder’s number for any given auction, you are assumed to have read and accepted the terms for that auction. You are bound by the terms and conditions of the auction, whether you have read them or not.
- Terms may vary for the different auctions produced by Professional Horse Services, LLC or Flashpoint Bloodstock LLC. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
- Please understand that BEFORE YOU BID, you can obtain contact information for the seller, go to see the horse, have a veterinarian examine the horse or have someone look at the horse for you. See Conditions 3 through 7.
This Internet Consignment Auction is designed to provide accelerated marketing for the Quarter Horse, Paint and Performance horse Industry. Mike and Stephanie Jennings, of Professional Horse Services, LLC, combine 40 years of experience in handling the actual sale transactions for more than 70,000 horses together with the proven Internet Auction technology provided EDJE.com. This IS horse marketing for Now and the Future. Please contact Mike or Stephanie Jennings of Professional Horse Services, LLC to assist you.
The Raymond Sutton family extends a warm welcome to you for our 69th annual Quarter Horse production sale. We believe it is the oldest Quarter Horse production sale in the world.
Our family has been raising superior quality horses and cattle for over a century. We joined the elite list of the first 48 breeders who have received the AQHA Legacy Award for 50 continuous years of raising Quarter Horses. During the ninety odd years we have been in the registered livestock business, our programs have had constant breed improvement as their foremost goal.
The 69th Annual Raymond Sutton Production Sale is an ALL INTERNET Auction where Buyers can do their shopping and Sellers can employ social distancing and market from the comfort of home. Sellers can present their horses to the Worldwide marketplace. Buyers can set the price without long distance haggling.
Why buy at this sale?
When you buy a horse from this sale
✓ Proven genetics. The ranch has registered over 2,921 foals
✓ A registered horse
✓ Health has been closely supervised by a veterinarian
✓ A Coggins test good for 1 year
✓ Each horse has been handled to insure ease in future training.
✓ Acres of pasture insure strong bodies and good minds.
✓ All horses in sale eligible for nomination to Ranching Heritage Challenges.
✓ There is a shortage of young horses.
All horses in the Sale are eligible for the Ranching Heritage Challenge. The buyer is responsible for paying the nomination fee.
PAYMENT: Payment is due within 3 (three) business days of the close of the auction, no later than Wednesday, September 16, 2020. Methods of Payment accepted include Credit Card, Bank Wire or Cashiers Check sent by Overnight Mail.
BUYER’S TRANSACTION FEE: a Buyer’s Transaction Fee in the amount of 3% of the successful final bid for any horse purchased will be added to the Final Bid price to determine the total price. This fee will be discounted for purchases paid for by Cashier’s Check, Wire Transfer, or cash. This fee covers costs for electronic financial transactions. The Seller is not responsible for this fee.
SALES TAX: Buyers residing in Virginia will be required to pay Virginia Sales Tax of 6% of the Total Price, unless Buyer is exempt and appropriate forms have been completed.
CURRENCY: All Transactions are in United States Dollars (USD)
REGISTRATION PAPERS: Registration papers will be held until funds clear the bank. When the funds have cleared, the registration papers along with transfer and the fees will be sent to the AQHA/APHA and transferred to the name of the buyer. Buyers will be contacted and asked to provide the exact name and membership number to the auction company that they want on the registration certificate.
PLEASE READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE AUCTION: You will be bound by these Conditions whether or not you have read them.
TERMS & CONDITIONS - INTERNET AUCTION CONTRACT - TERMS LISTED BELOW APPLY TO BOTH SELLER AND BUYER — Professional Horse Services, LLC.
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully, as they will govern your use of Professional Horse Services, LLC’s (PHS) website and auction services. Those who consign and bid are bound by these Terms and Conditions and the Consignment Contract, as amended by any posted notices, which together form the contract of sale between the successful bidder (“Buyer”), PHS, and the consignor (“Seller”). When consigning or bidding on any horse offered by PHS, the Buyer and Seller indicate acceptance of the following Terms and Conditions. Any participation in the auction binds you to agreement of these Terms and Conditions, whether or not you read or understand said Terms and Conditions. If you do not wish to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, you may not use the PHS website or auction services. All horses are sold are subject to the following Terms and Conditions which shall control the mutual, reciprocal duties among PHS, the Seller and the Buyer.
PLEASE READ THE COMPLETE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE BEFORE BIDDING. A copy of this contract will be emailed to you following your approval to bid. Please keep a copy for your records. You will be bound by these Conditions whether or not you have read them.
1. PURPOSE: The purpose of these Terms and conditions is to: a) establish sale procedures; b) facilitate informed bidding; c) provide for orderly settlement of finances in completion of purchases; d) allocate rights, responsibilities and risks; and e) provide for orderly dispute resolution.
2. AGREEMENT: a) I represent and agree that I am of legal age to form a binding contract. b) I (hereinafter, referred to as Buyer) agree to these terms and conditions, and swear that all the information furnished is true and correct. c) Buyer agrees to be responsible for any purchase made or actions taken by an Agent authorized by me to act on my behalf, d) Buyer agrees that this registration to bid is not assignable without the express written approval of PHS e) Buyer agrees to make any sale transaction for this entry through PHS). Buyer agrees that if they have the winning, final bid, or accepted bid in auction subject to Seller Confirmation, the Buyer has entered into a binding agreement to purchase the horse.
3. BUYER’S RESPONSIBILITY: By placing a bid in this auction Buyer is indicating they have examined or researched a horse to their satisfaction. Prior to Bidding, Buyers may a) ask Seller for additional information, b) make an appointment with Seller to examine the horse at Seller’s property, c) arrange with Seller to have a veterinarian perform a pre-purchase examination, or d) hire an agent or equine professional to inspect and evaluate the horse.
4. REPRESENTATION OF HORSE: Seller is responsible for the correct representation of this entry in the entry form, including the description, disclosure form, horse information, riding and training sections of this submission, as well as in communication with potential or eventual buyers. Some representations on disposition and handling are the opinion of the Seller and given only as an indication of the horse’s capability. Buyer should inspect, examine and research horse to their satisfaction. Seller is responsible for disclosing the following conditions, which must be stated in the online catalog, if this entry is a cribber, weaver, is unsound of eyes or wind, has a parrot mouth, is a cryptorchid or ridgling, has had major surgery or a serious illness, has been nerved, has an altered tail, has received joint injections for lameness or maintenance or has a chronic lameness, regardless of cause, or a lameness due to navicular disorder, ringbone or osteoarthritis, founder prior to the sale or other bone abnormality or neurological disorder including, but not limited to, EPM or wobbles. Seller is solely responsible for the accuracy of all information that appears in the online sale catalog and previews. Buyer and Seller agree to hold PHS harmless from any claims arising out of any such inaccuracies or omissions. Seller has a continuing duty to respond to the Buyer after the sale, in the event of a dispute over Seller’s representation of this entry.
5. BROODMARES: For mares selling as bred, a veterinarian must check the mare for pregnancy within ten (10) days prior to listing for this sale and a statement of this examination must be provided to PHS If a mare is known to be carrying twins, it must be disclosed. Any purchaser of a broodmare sold in this sale may have the mare examined by an acceptable veterinarian within five (5) business days from the end of the auction and before the horse leaves the seller’s premises. Any broodmare so examined whose pregnancy status is found not to be as represented in the sale catalog, may be returned to the Seller as unsold, and the seller shall pay veterinarian’s fee for examination. Any Seller offering mares as being bred with a live foal guarantee or return privileges must furnish PHS, or Buyer, with written acknowledgement of this agreement signed by the stallion owner (or an authorized agent) that such privileges will be honored. If the stallion owner withholds the breeder’s certificate until the foal is born, the Seller must furnish a letter, signed by the stallion owner (or an authorized agent), that such certificate is free of any additional costs and indicate how the mare owner will obtain the certificate.
6. NO IMPLIED WARRANTIES: There is no warranty expressed or implied by the sales company, sponsors, or Seller, as to the performing soundness, merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose of any horse offered in this sale, other than those made specifically by the Seller. Except as stated in Conditions 4 and 5, ALL HORSES ARE SOLD "AS IS" WITH ALL EXISTING CONDITIONS AND DEFECTS. RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE REPRESENTATION OF THE HORSE LIES BETWEEN THE SELLER AND THE BUYER.
7. BUYER’S RIGHT TO LIMITED POST-PURCHASE EXAMINATION - Buyer has the right to have a veterinarian perform a limited post-purchase examination, at Buyer’s expense, to determine if any of the issues in Condition 4 were not disclosed. The examination must be done within five (5) business days from the end of the auction and before the horse leaves the Seller’s facility. This examination will be limited to moving the horse for soundness on riding horses or show horses of any type, and checking the reproductive tract on breeding horses. Positive reaction to flexion tests and hoof testers does not constitute unsoundness, if the horse is moving sound. Radiographs, flexion tests and the use of hoof testers are allowed in a pre-purchase examination, but not in the limited post-purchase exam. If a performance or show horse, or prospect for such, is found to be lame at the time of the examination, the sale of the horse can be rejected without further diagnosis. Any purchaser of a broodmare sold in this sale may have the mare examined by an acceptable veterinarian as a part of this limited post-purchase exam as stated in Condition 5. A horse sold with one or more of the issues described herein and in Condition 4, which was not disclosed at the time of sale can be rejected by the buyer, upon receipt of a statement from a qualified veterinarian, establishing the existence of the condition, within 5 business days of the date of sale and before the horse leaves the Seller’s facility. If a sale is rejected, the horse will remain the property of Seller.
8. DRUGS AND MEDICATION - Seller agrees that this entry will not be given any drugs to alter soundness or temperament during this auction, including for presentation in videos, inspection by potential buyer, examination by veterinarian or delivery to buyer. If the entry must receive any medication as a result of an injury or illness, to protect the welfare of the entry or maintenance of any condition, this information must be provided to PHS and be disclosed in the online catalog. Buyer has the right to have a licensed veterinarian draw a blood sample within five (5) business days of the end of the auction and before the horse leaves the Seller’s facility. If the buyer makes a claim of misrepresentation of soundness or attitude and the entry tests positive for a drug that could mask such a problem, the entry can be rejected by the buyer and returned at the Seller’s expense. Notification of a claim by the Buyer under this Condition must be made to Professional Horse Services, LLC within seven (7) days of the date of the sale, by a written statement from a qualified equine veterinarian explaining the diagnosis of any unsoundness or explaining the behavior problem. Any net funds for the horse in the possession of PHS will be held pending the results of the blood screen.
9. RELEASE OF HORSE TO BUYER: Seller shall not release a horse to a Buyer until Buyer has made full payment for the horse and funds have been verified. Once bidding concludes, and PHS has collected payment from the Buyer, PHS will send to the Seller and Buyer, a Buyer Confirmation Form (BCF). When Buyer or transporter arrives they will show Seller their copy of the BCF to confirm payment. Buyer or transporter and the Seller will both sign a copy of the BCF and e-mail or fax it to PHS
10. TRANSPORTATION FROM SELLER TO BUYER: Buyer is responsible for cost and arrangements for transportation of horse from Seller to Buyer. Soon after purchase Buyer will contact Seller directly to schedule removal of horse.
11. COGGINS REPORT: Seller must provide a copy of a Negative Coggins report drawn within 11 (eleven) months of the closing date of the sale.
12. HEALTH CERTIFICATES: Buyer will be responsible for obtaining the Interstate Health Certificate for transportation.
13. RISK AND RESPONSIBILITY FOR HORSE: Buyer assumes all risk, responsibility and expense for the horse at the end of bidding or, if sold pending confirmation by Seller, upon confirmation of selling price by Seller. Seller agrees to provide basic board and care for up to 5 days at no additional charge. Beyond 5 days, Buyer will be responsible to pay for board of $3 per day, plus any other expenses that may be required to maintain the horse until Buyer takes possession or has the horse picked up from the seller. A charge of 1-1/2% per month will be charged on any outstanding amounts due. PHS recommends the buyer obtain Full Mortality Insurance on horses immediately after purchase, however, this decision and risk rest solely with the buyer.
14. RESERVE AUCTION: This is a Reserve Auction, unless otherwise announced for a specific horse. The right of the seller to bid on their own horse, through the auctioneer of otherwise, is expressly reserved. The auctioneer, P.H.S, reserves the right to bid, whether it is on behalf of a Seller for any minimums or reserves, as well as for their own personal purchase.
15. DEFINITION OF SELLING OPTIONS:
- Sell with NO RESERVE or Minimum Price: Will sell to the highest bidder.
- Sell at or above a Minimum Starting Bid: Will sell to the highest bidder that meets or bids higher than any minimum opening bid.
- Sell with an undisclosed Minimum Price: Minimum Price not posted. The Seller determines the lowest bid that will be accepted. The bid will be placed in the edje auction system, which will automatically place bids for the seller until the auction is below the reserve bid, the horse is not sold and is retained by the seller.
- Sell Subject to Seller Confirmation: Seller will have 24 hours to confirm and accept the final price following the close of the auction to decide to accept the final bid in the auction. If the seller does not respond the horse will NOT be sold.
16. BIDDING & EXTENDED BIDDING: Bidding will open and close at a specific time and date, which is listed for each auction. Bidding on lots will close every 3 minutes. A SOFT CLOSE bidding system is used. If bids are received within the last 3 minutes on the countdown timer on a horse, an additional 3 minutes will be added on that lot. Only after a 3 minute period passes with no additional bidding will the bidding close. A bidder may place individual bids. Alternatively, a Bidder may place maximum (proxy) bids where they declare the maximum dollar amount they want to bid, and the computer will bid on their behalf until they have successfully purchased the horse or the asking price exceeds the amount of their maximum bid. The auctioneer, P.H.S, reserves the right to bid, whether it is on behalf of a Seller for any minimums or reserves, as well as for their own personal purchase.
17. BIDDING ERRORS: You should make sure to review all bids before and after submitting. If you mistakenly increase your own bid, place your bidder number in the bid field, or make a gross error you must immediately contact the PHS office by email (we must have your request in writing). We may not be able to reverse your bid. You must remain the high bidder. Be aware of increasing your own bids.... some bidders increase their own bid to price an item out of reach of other bidders. We will not reverse bids that have caused another bidder to be outbid. If you bid on the wrong item we will not reverse your bid. Please make sure to immediately review your bid. We will not reverse bids after the auction has begun to close.
18. PAYMENT BY BUYER - Once bidding is closed an invoice will be emailed to Buyer. Payment in full must be made within (3) banking days after the sale is closed. Pay PROFESSIONAL HORSE SERVICES, LLC in all cases. Payment may be made in the form of MasterCard, Visa, American Express or Discover credit cards, bank wire transfer, cashier’s or certified check, or valid traveler’s checks. Checks must be made out to PROFESSIONAL HORSE SERVICES, LLC. In no case may any part of the purchase price be paid directly to the Seller by the Buyer, as such payment shall not be valid or entitle the buyer to obtain the horse. A charge of $50.00 will be made on any check that is returned. Buyer agrees not to stop payment on check for any reason.
19. SALES TAX - Buyers residing in Virginia will be required to pay Virginia Sale Tax of 6%, unless exempt and appropriate forms have been completed.
20. BUYER’S TRANSACTION FEE - Buyers of horses in this auction will pay to PHS in the amount of 3% of the total price of any horse purchased. This fee covers costs for electronic financial transactions. This fee will be discounted for purchases paid for by Cashier’s Check, Wire Transfer, or cash.) This fee covers costs for electronic financial transactions. The Seller is not responsible for this fee.
21. DEFAULT ON PURCHASE - If any person shall purchase a horse and not pay for it as prescribed above, PHS or consignor shall have the right to resell the horse or at their option bring legal action in which event buyer agrees to pay all cost of such suit together with reasonable attorney fees as fixed by the court. In the event of resale the defaulting buyer agrees to pay all costs of resale and price deficiency, if any. Interest of 1-1/2% per month will be charged on the unpaid balance of any account not paid for as set forth in these conditions.
22. ALL REGISTRATION PAPERS will be held by PHS until all payments clear the bank (up to 21 days) at which time they will be mailed, with completed transfer reports to the appropriate breed association. Appropriate AQHA and APHA transfer fees will be added to the purchase price of each horse. Registration Papers may be held by PHS in the event transportation arrangements are not complete, or board fees have been accrued by the buyer. Papers will be released when a horse has been transported and/or all fees have been paid to the seller.
23. HYPP STATUS: For horses descended from the Quarter Horse stallion IMPRESSIVE, (AQHA Reg. No. 076724): 1.) If horse has been tested for HYPP ("Hyperkalemic Periodic Paralysis"), the Seller shall notify PHS of the results of such test and the results will be stated in the catalog. If not shown on AQHA registration papers, proof of HYPP Status MUST BE sent to PHS with the entry form. 2.) If a horse has not been tested for HYPP the seller shall notify PHS of that fact and it will be stated in the catalog.
24. NO GUARANTEE OF SERVICE: PHS, and EDJE.com do not guarantee or covenant that the Auction technology, the edje site or any related services will meet Buyer’s requirements or be uninterrupted or error-free. EDJE.com does not guarantee real-time performance of any service or that it will execute all online or absentee bids.
25. WITHHOLDING FUNDS: Buyer and Seller agree that PHS shall not be required to remit to Seller or Buyer, the net proceeds of the sale of any entry which is the subject of a dispute or claim by the buyer, for misrepresentation, fraud or breach of warranty, until such dispute or claim is resolved and the proceeds of the sale have been received by PHS The responsibility to resolve such a claim lies between the Seller and the Buyer. Notwithstanding any other provision hereof, should a dispute arise between the Seller and the Buyer, PHS may retain its fees and costs and may hold in escrow the balance of any proceeds of sale in its possession, as well as any titles or registration certificates, pending a resolution of the dispute. Any and all legal fees and costs incurred by PHS may be deducted by PHS from the net proceeds of sale still in their possession. Otherwise, the Seller and Buyer shall be jointly and severally liable for the same upon demand.
26. DISPUTED CONDITION & BINDING ARBITRATION: In the event of a dispute between the parties, a claim to enforce this Agreement or the allegation of a default, which is not resolved by agreement, the parties waive the right to litigate the issue and agree the matter shall be submitted to binding arbitration, pursuant to the Code of Virginia, using a single arbitrator to be selected by the parties. If the parties cannot agree on the selection of the arbitrator, they shall allow the arbitrator to be designated by PHS The arbitration shall take place in Loudoun County, Virginia, unless mutually agreed otherwise. In any procedures arising out of, regarding or related to this Agreement, the defaulting party shall pay to Professional Horse Services, LLC, any cost, expense and attorney’s fee incurred by Professional Horse Services, LLC in such proceeding, in addition to any amounts awarded in such proceedings in the event Professional Horse Services, LLC substantially prevails. Buyer or Seller may bring no action, regardless of form, including arbitration, more than one year after the cause of action has accrued. Should either party fail or refuse to cooperate upon a demand for arbitration, the arbitrator shall automatically declare the non-cooperative party to be the defaulting party.
27. INDEMNITY: Buyer and Seller release PHS, Sale Managers, Auctioneers, employees and its representatives, from any and all responsibilities, liabilities, obligations, claims, lawsuits, or legal proceedings arising from the sale of this entry. If legal action is initiated against PHS involving this entry, the Seller and Buyer agree to fully indemnify PHS from such suit, including legal fees and costs incurred by PHS. Seller and Buyer agree that PHS may publish sale results including information concerning this sale transaction.
28. LIMITS OF LIABILITY: PHS shall not be liable for lost profits or any incidental, special or consequential damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with any sale or transaction. In NO event will the total liability of PHS from all damages, losses, and causes of action resulting from Seller’s or Buyer’s use of the PHS website or service exceed the largest amount of funds held for their benefit.
29. ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: The Terms and Conditions for the use of EDJE.com, the PHS General Terms and Conditions Of Sale for Buyers as stated on the auction web site and the Consignment Contract for Sellers are hereby incorporated by reference and made part hereof as though fully set forth herein.
30. INTERFERENCE: Buyer and Seller agree not to use any device, software or routine to interfere with or attempt to interfere with the functioning of this online auction.
32. SEVERABILITY - If any provision or portion of a provision of this agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, such provision or portion of a provision shall be struck and the remaining provisions shall be enforced.
ENTRY CONTRACT - Sellers must abide by these conditions of the Consignment Contract, as well as the Terms and Conditions shown above. The Terms and Conditions above incorporate the other conditions of the Consignment Contract not included below.
1. AGREEMENT: a) I represent and agree that I am of legal age to form a binding contract. b) The Consignor, Agent and Owner (hereinafter referred to as Seller) agrees to these terms and conditions, and swear that all the information furnished regarding this entry is true and correct to the best of my knowledge. c) Seller agrees and specifically warrants, to PROFESSIONAL HORSE SERVICES, LLC. (Hereinafter referred to as PHS.) and also to any subsequent purchasers that Seller does have absolute and complete title to and there are no liens or encumbrances on the entry listed on this contract. d) Seller warrants that any registration certificates, applications, transfers or breeding reports are correct and free from any question or action by the applicable breed registry. e) Seller agrees that this consignment contract is not assignable without the express written approval of PHS. f) Seller agrees to make any sale transaction for this entry through PHS.
2. CONSIGNMENT FEES: Seller agrees to pay PHS the applicable fees for this entry. PHS will deduct any unpaid fees from Seller’s account before distributing proceeds to Seller. - Consignment fee – Paid with submission of entry, unless otherwise arranged with PHS.
- $ 99 - DISCOUNTED General - Basic Consignment Fee
- $125 - DISCOUNTED With Sire & Dam research
Consignment fee will be earned by PHS on submission of this entry. Consignment Fees are non-refundable.
- Sales commission - 10% (TEN percent) of the selling price, in addition to the consignment fee.
- Sale Prior to Bidding Opening: If Seller sells this entry prior to the opening of bidding for this auction, Seller agrees to pay PHS a commission of 10% (TEN percent) of the actual selling price, in addition to the consignment fee.
- Post Auction Sale: If Seller does not sell this entry in the auction, but later sells it to a customer generated by the sale, Seller agrees to pay PHS a commission of 10% (TEN percent) of the actual selling price.
- Withdrawal: Consignment Fees are nonrefundable. After the entry is submitted, Seller agrees not to withdraw this entry, unless: Withdrawal is accompanied by a veterinarian’s certificate stating the reason the entry cannot be offered for sale and is acceptable to PHS, in which case only the consignment fee will be due to PHS.
- Withdrawal from the sale for any reason not in accordance with this Condition, is subject to a Withdrawal fee, in addition to the consignment fee, which will be the greater of $500.00 or 10% (TEN percent) of either (a) the actual selling price of the entry as verified with the buyer, or (b) in the event actual selling price is not provided to PHS within 10 days of the withdrawal, 10% of the value of the entry as determined by PHS.
- UNPAID FEES: If there is a deficit in Seller‘s account, Seller agrees to pay PHS. the balance due immediately. Interest of 1-1/2% per month will be charged on the unpaid balance. A fee of $25.00 will be charged on returned checks for sale fees.
- SUBSTITUTIONS: Seller understands that they have the right to substitute another entry for the original entry due to injury or death of the original entry. A veterinarian’s certificate on the original entry must be presented to PHS. A $50.00 charge is made for each substitution for a standard entry or $70.00 with sire and dam research.
3. REGISTRATION CERTIFICATES: All registration certificates, transfer reports, stallion service certificates, and/or consignment fees must be received within 5 days of submission of the online entry or with mailed entry. Registration applications on foals must be completed and submitted to the applicable breed registry, by the owner of dam at time of foaling, prior to the sale. I agree that PHS may withhold any monies due me until all certificates are delivered in proper order.
4. DISCLOSURES - I agree to notify PHS in writing and prior to the sale, of any unsoundness or defects of any kind, including altered tails, and hereby authorize PHS to state them in the online catalog. I agree to notify PHS if this entry is suffering from any contagious or infectious diseases. PHS must be specifically notified if the entry has any of the following conditions, which must be stated in the online catalog, if this entry is a cribber, weaver, is unsound of eyes or wind, has a parrot mouth, is a cryptorchid or ridgling, has had major surgery or a serious illness, has been nerved, has an altered tail, has received joint injections for lameness or maintenance or has a chronic lameness, regardless of cause, or a lameness due to navicular disorder, ringbone or osteoarthritis, founder prior to the sale or other bone abnormality or neurological disorder including, but not limited to, EPM or wobbles. Mares and stallions will be exempt from the lameness provision as stated above, if they are represented and sold for breeding purposes only.
5. INSPECTION BY BUYERS: Seller agrees to make the horse available to potential buyers for inspection or veterinary examination at a time and place agreed to by the Seller and potential buyer.
6. RIGHT TO EDIT OR CHANGE: PHS reserves the right to edit, correct, or add to the Statement that I have furnished regarding this entry, to reject or withdraw any entry, or to change the time or date of this sale should any unforeseen circumstances necessitate such a change.
7. PHS DOES NOT GUARANTEE PAYMENT BY THE ONLINE BIDDER. Due to the nature of the electronic transaction PHS cannot guarantee the validity or performance of an Internet bidder. Seller understands that PHS does not guarantee the validity, enforceability, payment or collection of any instrument received in payment of the purchase price of any entry.
8. PAYMENT TO SELLER: PHS AGREES TO MAIL CHECKS TO THE CURRENT OWNER FOR THEIR ENTRY NOT EARLIER THAN FIVE (5) BANKING DAYS NOR LATER THAN FIFTEEN (15) BANKING DAYS FROM THE DATE THE AUCTION ENDS OR ONCE FULL PAYMENT HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND FUNDS CLEAR THE BANK, whichever is later. Payment is normally mailed on the 10th banking day after the auction. Payment will be made to Seller, as stated above, providing all registration and health papers are in order, or the purchaser has not failed to pay for the entry for any reason, or the sale of the horse is not in dispute. Seller agrees that if the sale of any entry is not consummated by reason of default of the buyer or otherwise, PHS shall not be liable for the payment or collection of the purchase price or for the return of the entry. In the event a purchaser fails to pay for and receive an entry for which they placed the final bid, PHS shall not be held liable for said sale, but shall have the right to accept the same amount from another person, accept the next highest bid or put the entry up for sale again.
2020 © Professional Horse Services, LLC. All rights reserved.
Transportation is the responsibility of the Buyer. Seller will board the horse for up to 5 days from close of bidding at no additional charge. To Locate a TRANSPORTER go to the Home page of http://www.ProHorseServices.com
Auction managed by:
Professional Horse Services LLC
P O Box 404
Round Hill, Virginia 20142
35855 Milligan’s Run Lane
Hillsboro, Virginia 20132
Professional Horse Services, LLC
Round Hill, VA