By requesting a bidder's number for any given auction, you are bound by the terms and conditions of the auction, whether you have read them or not.
Terms may vary for the different auctions produced by Professional Horse Services, LLC or SportHorseAuctions.com LLC
By requesting a bidder's number for any given auction, you are assumed to have read and accepted the terms for that auction.
Welcome to Tim Meyer Estate Quarter Horse Dispersal INTERNET Auction hosted by Professional Horse Services, LLC.
- By requesting a bidder’s number for any given auction, you are assumed to have read and accepted the terms for that auction. You are bound by the terms and conditions of the auction, whether you have read them or not.
- Terms may vary for the different auctions produced by Professional Horse Services, LLC or Flashpoint Bloodstock LLC. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
- Please understand that BEFORE YOU BID, you can obtain contact information for the seller, go to see the horse, have a veterinarian examine the horse or have someone look at the horse for you. See Conditions 3 through 7.
This Internet Auction is designed to provide accelerated marketing for the Quarter Horse, Paint and Performance horse Industry. Mike and Stephanie Jennings, of Professional Horse Services, LLC, combine over 40 years of experience in handling the actual sale transactions for more than 80,000 horses together with the proven Internet Auction technology provided EDJE.com. This IS horse marketing for Now and the Future. Please contact Mike or Stephanie Jennings of Professional Horse Services, LLC to assist you.
The Tim Meyer Estate Quarter Horse Dispersal is an ALL INTERNET Auction where Buyers can do their shopping and bidding from the comfort of home. Sellers can present their horses to the Worldwide marketplace. Buyers can set the price without long distance haggling.
PAYMENT: Payment is due within 3 (three) business days of the close of the auction, no later than Wednesday, February 23, 2024. Methods of Payment accepted include Credit Card, Bank Wire or Cashiers Check sent by Overnight Mail.
BUYER’S TRANSACTION FEE: a Buyer’s Transaction Fee in the amount of 4% of the successful final bid for any horse purchased will be added to the Final Bid price to determine the total price. This fee will be discounted for purchases paid for by Cashier’s Check, Wire Transfer, or cash. This fee covers costs for electronic financial transactions. The Seller is not responsible for this fee. Purchases paid for by bank wire will have a $15 transaction fee added to the purchase price of the horse.
SALES TAX: Buyers residing in Virginia will be required to pay Virginia Sales Tax of 6% of the Total Price, unless Buyer is exempt and appropriate forms have been completed.
CURRENCY: All Transactions are in United States Dollars (USD)
PLEASE READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE AUCTION: You will be bound by these Conditions whether you have read them or not.
TERMS & CONDITIONS - INTERNET AUCTION CONTRACT - TERMS LISTED BELOW APPLY TO BOTH SELLER AND BUYER — Professional Horse Services, LLC.
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully, as they will govern your use of Professional Horse Services, LLC’s (PHS) website and auction services. Those who consign and bid are bound by these Terms and Conditions and the Consignment Contract, as amended by any posted notices, which together form the contract of sale between the successful bidder (“Buyer”), PHS, and the consignor (“Seller”). When bidding on any horse offered by PHS, the Buyer and Seller indicate acceptance of the following Terms and Conditions. Any participation in the auction binds you to agreement of these Terms and Conditions, whether or not you read or understand said Terms and Conditions. If you do not wish to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, you may not use the PHS website or auction services. All horses are sold are subject to the following Terms and Conditions which shall control the mutual, reciprocal duties among PHS, the Seller and the Buyer.
PLEASE READ THE COMPLETE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE BEFORE BIDDING. A copy of this contract will be emailed to you following your approval to bid. Please keep a copy for your records. You will be bound by these Conditions whether or not you have read them.
1. PURPOSE: The purpose of these Terms and conditions is to: a) establish sale procedures; b) facilitate informed bidding; c) provide for orderly settlement of finances in completion of purchases; d) allocate rights, responsibilities and risks; and e) provide for orderly dispute resolution.
2. AGREEMENT: a) I represent and agree that I am of legal age to form a binding contract. b) I (hereinafter, referred to as Buyer) agree to these terms and conditions, and swear that all the information furnished is true and correct. c) Buyer agrees to be responsible for any purchase made or actions taken by an Agent authorized by me to act on my behalf, d) Buyer agrees that this registration to bid is not assignable without the express written approval of PHS e) Buyer agrees to make any sale transaction for this entry through PHS). Buyer agrees that if they have the winning, final bid, or accepted bid in auction subject to Seller Confirmation, the Buyer has entered into a binding agreement to purchase the horse.
3. BUYER’S RESPONSIBILITY: By placing a bid in this auction Buyer is indicating they have examined or researched a horse to their satisfaction. Prior to Bidding, Buyers may a) ask Seller for additional information, b) make an appointment with Seller to examine the horse at Seller’s property, c) arrange with Seller to have a veterinarian perform a pre-purchase examination, or d) hire an agent or equine professional to inspect and evaluate the horse.
4. REPRESENTATION OF HORSE: Seller has disclosed any defects known to them. Buyer should inspect, examine and research horse to their satisfaction. Buyer and Seller agree to hold PHS harmless from any claims arising out of any such inaccuracies or omissions.
5. NO IMPLIED WARRANTIES: There is no warranty expressed or implied by the sales company, sponsors, or Seller, as to the performing soundness, merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose of any horse offered in this sale, other than those made specifically by the Seller. ALL HORSES ARE SOLD "AS IS" WITH ALL EXISTING CONDITIONS AND DEFECTS.
6. RELEASE OF HORSE TO BUYER: Seller shall not release a horse to a Buyer until Buyer has made full payment for the horse and funds have been verified. Once bidding concludes, and PHS has collected payment from the Buyer, PHS will send to the Seller and Buyer, a Buyer Confirmation Form (BCF). When Buyer or transporter arrives they will show Seller their copy of the BCF to confirm payment. Buyer or transporter and the Seller will both sign a copy of the BCF and e-mail or fax it to PHS
7. TRANSPORTATION FROM SELLER TO BUYER: Buyer is responsible for cost and arrangements for transportation of horse from Seller to Buyer. Soon after purchase Buyer will contact Seller directly to schedule removal of horse.
8. COGGINS REPORT: Seller must provide a copy of a Negative Coggins report drawn within 11 (eleven) months of the closing date of the sale.
9. HEALTH CERTIFICATES: Buyer will be responsible for obtaining the Interstate Health Certificate for transportation.
10. RISK AND RESPONSIBILITY FOR HORSE: Buyer assumes all risk, responsibility and expense for the horse at the end of bidding or, if sold pending confirmation by Seller, upon confirmation of selling price by Seller. Seller agrees to provide basic board and care for up to 5 days at no additional charge. Beyond 5 days, Buyer will be responsible to pay for board, at a reasonable cost determined by Seller, plus any other expenses that may be required to maintain the horse until Buyer takes possession or has the horse picked up from the seller. PHS recommends the buyer obtain Full Mortality Insurance on horses immediately after purchase, however, this decision and risk rest solely with the buyer.
11. DEFINITION OF SELLING OPTIONS:
- Sell with NO RESERVE or Minimum Price: Will sell to the highest bidder.
12. BIDDING & EXTENDED BIDDING: Bidding will open and close at a specific time and date, which is listed for each auction. Bidding on lots will close every 3 minutes. A SOFT CLOSE bidding system is used. If bids are received within the last 3 minutes on the countdown timer on a horse, an additional 3 minutes will be added on that lot. Only after a 3-minute period passes with no additional bidding will the bidding close. A bidder may place individual bids. Alternatively, a Bidder may place maximum (proxy) bids where they declare the maximum dollar amount they want to bid, and the computer will bid on their behalf until they have successfully purchased the horse or the asking price exceeds the amount of their maximum bid. The auctioneer, P.H.S, reserves the right to bid, whether it is on behalf of a Seller for any minimums or reserves, as well as for their own personal purchase.
13. BIDDING ERRORS: You should make sure to review all bids before and after submitting. If you mistakenly increase your own bid, place your bidder number in the bid field, or make a gross error you must immediately contact the PHS office by email (we must have your request in writing). We may not be able to reverse your bid. You must remain the high bidder. Be aware of increasing your own bids.... some bidders increase their own bid to price an item out of reach of other bidders. We will not reverse bids that have caused another bidder to be outbid. If you bid on the wrong item we will not reverse your bid. Please make sure to immediately review your bid. We will not reverse bids after the auction has begun to close.
14. PAYMENT BY BUYER - Once bidding is closed an invoice will be emailed to Buyer. Payment in full must be made within (3) banking days after the sale is closed. Pay PROFESSIONAL HORSE SERVICES, LLC in all cases. Payment may be made in the form of MasterCard, Visa, American Express or Discover credit cards, bank wire transfer, cashier’s or certified check, or valid traveler’s checks. Checks must be made out to PROFESSIONAL HORSE SERVICES, LLC. In no case may any part of the purchase price be paid directly to the Seller by the Buyer, as such payment shall not be valid or entitle the buyer to obtain the horse. A charge of $50.00 will be made on any check that is returned. Buyer agrees not to stop payment on check for any reason.
15. SALES TAX - Buyers residing in Virginia will be required to pay Virginia Sale Tax of 6%, unless exempt and appropriate forms have been completed.
16. BUYER’S TRANSACTION FEE - Buyers of horses in this auction will pay to PHS in the amount of 4% of the total price of any horse purchased. This fee covers costs for electronic financial transactions. This fee will be discounted for purchases paid for by Cashier’s Check, Wire Transfer, or cash.) This fee covers costs for electronic financial transactions. The Seller is not responsible for this fee.
17. DEFAULT ON PURCHASE - If any person shall purchase a horse and not pay for it as prescribed above, PHS or consignor shall have the right to resell the horse or at their option bring legal action in which event buyer agrees to pay all cost of such suit together with reasonable attorney fees as fixed by the court. In the event of resale the defaulting buyer agrees to pay all costs of resale and price deficiency, if any. Interest of 1-1/2% per month will be charged on the unpaid balance of any account not paid for as set forth in these conditions.
18. ALL REGISTRATION PAPERS will be held by PHS until all payments clear the bank (up to 21 days) at which time they will be mailed, with completed transfer reports to the buyer. Typically Registration Papers are mailed to Buyers 10 (ten) business days after the close of the auction, the same date that proceeds checks are mailed to Sellers. Registration Papers may be held by PHS in the event transportation arrangements are not complete, or board fees have been accrued by the buyer. Papers will be released when a horse has been transported and/or all fees have been paid to the seller. NOTE: If any buyer desires to obtain papers immediately, the horse or horses must be paid for with cashier’s or Official Bank check, or bank wire.
19. HYPP STATUS: For horses descended from the Quarter Horse stallion IMPRESSIVE, (AQHA Reg. No. 076724): 1.) If horse has been tested for HYPP ("Hyperkalemic Periodic Paralysis"), the Seller shall notify PHS of the results of such test and the results will be stated in the catalog. If not shown on AQHA registration papers, proof of HYPP Status MUST BE sent to PHS with the entry form. 2.) If a horse has not been tested for HYPP the seller shall notify PHS of that fact and it will be stated in the catalog.
20. NO GUARANTEE OF SERVICE: PHS, and EDJE.com do not guarantee or covenant that the Auction technology, the edje site or any related services will meet Buyer’s requirements or be uninterrupted or error-free. EDJE.com does not guarantee real-time performance of any service or that it will execute all online or absentee bids.
21. WITHHOLDING FUNDS: Buyer and Seller agree that PHS shall not be required to remit to Seller or Buyer, the net proceeds of the sale of any entry which is the subject of a dispute or claim by the buyer, for misrepresentation, fraud or breach of warranty, until such dispute or claim is resolved and the proceeds of the sale have been received by PHS The responsibility to resolve such a claim lies between the Seller and the Buyer. Notwithstanding any other provision hereof, should a dispute arise between the Seller and the Buyer, PHS may retain its fees and costs and may hold in escrow the balance of any proceeds of sale in its possession, as well as any titles or registration certificates, pending a resolution of the dispute. Any and all legal fees and costs incurred by PHS may be deducted by PHS from the net proceeds of sale still in their possession. Otherwise, the Seller and Buyer shall be jointly and severally liable for the same upon demand.
22. DISPUTED CONDITION & BINDING ARBITRATION: In the event of a dispute between the parties, a claim to enforce this Agreement or the allegation of a default, which is not resolved by agreement, the parties waive the right to litigate the issue and agree the matter shall be submitted to binding arbitration, pursuant to the Code of Virginia, using a single arbitrator to be selected by the parties. If the parties cannot agree on the selection of the arbitrator, they shall allow the arbitrator to be designated by PHS The arbitration shall take place in Loudoun County, Virginia, unless mutually agreed otherwise. In any procedures arising out of, regarding or related to this Agreement, the defaulting party shall pay to Professional Horse Services, LLC, any cost, expense and attorney’s fee incurred by Professional Horse Services, LLC in such proceeding, in addition to any amounts awarded in such proceedings in the event Professional Horse Services, LLC substantially prevails. Buyer or Seller may bring no action, regardless of form, including arbitration, more than one year after the cause of action has accrued. Should either party fail or refuse to cooperate upon a demand for arbitration, the arbitrator shall automatically declare the non-cooperative party to be the defaulting party.
23. INDEMNITY: Buyer and Seller release PHS, Sale Managers, Auctioneers, employees and its representatives, from any and all responsibilities, liabilities, obligations, claims, lawsuits, or legal proceedings arising from the sale of this entry. If legal action is initiated against PHS involving this entry, the Seller and Buyer agree to fully indemnify PHS from such suit, including legal fees and costs incurred by PHS. Seller and Buyer agree that PHS may publish sale results including information concerning this sale transaction.
24. LIMITS OF LIABILITY: PHS shall not be liable for lost profits or any incidental, special or consequential damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with any sale or transaction. In NO event will the total liability of PHS from all damages, losses, and causes of action resulting from Seller’s or Buyer’s use of the PHS website or service exceed the largest amount of funds held for their benefit.
25. INTERFERENCE: Buyer and Seller agree not to use any device, software or routine to interfere with or attempt to interfere with the functioning of this online auction.
27. SEVERABILITY - If any provision or portion of a provision of this agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, such provision or portion of a provision shall be struck and the remaining provisions shall be enforced.
2024 © Professional Horse Services, LLC. All rights reserved.
Transportation is the responsibility of the Buyer. Seller will board the horse for up to 5 days from close of bidding at no additional charge. To Locate a TRANSPORTER go to the Home page of http://www.ProHorseServices.com and click on Resources.
Auction managed by:
Professional Horse Services LLC
P O Box 404
Round Hill, Virginia 20142
35855 Milligan’s Run Lane
Hillsboro, Virginia 20132
Professional Horse Services, LLC
Round Hill, VA